The plan update was a collaborative effort by the College’s administrators, faculty, Governing Board, and communities within the College’s service area. The update refines the long-range (20-year) development vision that guides capital improvements for facilities and sites serving SFCC to meet the expected program and enrollment needs of the College, and develops a five-year tactical plan.
Using the 2009 Plan as a foundation document, the focus of planning activities was to:
- Update key base data that potentially impact physical planning
- Identify accomplishments and changes that have occurred since 2009
- Review and/or validate and identify any changes or course corrections to plan goals, concepts and strategies
- Recommend short- and long-term capital improvements
- Prepare an Institutional Master Plan amendment that reflects and succinctly documents updates to SFCC’s planning vision and short- and long-term planning needs.