The master plan provides a long-term vision of efficient and sustainable site use with goals to:
- Improve functional zoning
- Encourage efficient use of the site and buildings
- Provide safe and clear vehicular circulation and parking
- Provide guidance for locating future operations and buildings
The plan incorporates a development road map with a series of incremental improvements that take advantage of a recent county building acquisition to relocate selected functions not essential to locate on site. Implementation of the master plan will gradually:
- Redirect all public-oriented activities to the western part of the site, and the maintenance and operational (controlled) activities towards the center and eastern parts of the site.
- Eliminate buildings in substandard condition to enable circulation improvements and possible new building siting.